Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a murray 22500 and there is a small valve that when…

Customer Question
I have a murray 22500...
I have a murray 22500 and there is a small valve that when u push red button by filter it shoots gas out
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/7/2015
Technician: Vince O., Small Engine Technician replied 3 years ago
Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Hello, the primer bulb. What is wrong with it?
When u push the primer bulb there's a small air valve that gas is shooting out of. What do we do to fix problem
The carb could be flooding and filling the chamber with fuel.Clamp the fuel line with a pair of hemo's or similar.Reach under the air filter assy to the carburetor bowl and you will see/ feel a hex head bolt.Have a rag handy and loosen the bolt too drain fuel from the carb and any dirt that may be in it and try to start.Check the oil level to see if overfilled and check plug to see if wet.