Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 31hp.liquid cooled kohler in a walker mower no spark

Customer Question

I have a 31hp.liquid cooled kohler in a walker mower no spark at spark plugs anyy ideas?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Model number of the engine? Do you know what the coils look like? One small terminal, two terminals, or three terminals. Kohler uses all three ignition systems! The kill circuit may be grounding out the spark to the coils.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dont know the model # ***** the coils have 2 terminals. Would the model number be helpful to you?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
DSAM (Smart Start) pink wire is trigger wire, brown wire is kill wire, remove the brown wires and check for spark. Her e is service manual link. See page 35.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.kohlerengines.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/sm_32_690_01.pdf
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is also an efi does that make any difference?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you have the service manual link for the 31 hp. efi liquid cooled?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
model number????
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
24 499 08 E21A 2
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
?? Not model number of engine! example SV735-12345
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is on a Walker mower do you want the model# ***** the mower? If not tell me where I would find the model # ***** want?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
I want the Kohler model number , if you want a service manual for it. Should be on the engine cover . Or give me the Walker # ***** I can backtrack to see what engine is in it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I cant find the Kohler decal anywhere on the engine. The mower model is MTLGHS Serial # *****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
LH775
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
http://www.kohlerengines.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/sm_66_690_07.pdf