Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

My kawasaki 19 hp has a miss in the engine operation. I have

Customer Question

My kawasaki 19 hp has a miss in the engine operation. I have checked the air filter and is good. Next step will be to check the plugs and fuel filter. Any advise would be appreciated.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 2 years ago.
You are on the right track. Replace the spark plugs first, but the next thing is that there may be dirt or gum inside the carburetor that will need to be cleaned out. You probably are not getting the correct fuel and air mixture. MAke sure that you are using FRESH 89 octane gas. DO not use any gas that is over 30 days old, and if it was stored over the winter with ANY gas in it, the problem is most likely that that gas has gummed up the small passages in the carburetor.