Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

We just purchased a 2009 EZGO "Freedom" Model electric golf

Customer Question

we just purchased a 2009 EZGO "Freedom" Model electric golf cart. Driving down the road there is a wining sound from the back axle area. So we jacked up the rear end so the wheels are off the ground. jacked up, when we accelerate the wining sound is not so prevalent, but there is a sound like gears are not meshing completely correctly. If I put my hand on the electric motor above the axle, it appears that is the source.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! The motor can have a bad bearing in it, or the bearing in the axle housing can be loose. The motor is splined to the axle by a coupling and has only one bearing, as the axle supports the other end. You could remove the motor and check the bearings and coupler.