Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My mtd pro I can get it started once and runs fine but when…

Customer Question
My mtd pro I can...
My mtd pro I can get it started once and runs fine but when I try to start the next day nothing Ichanged spark plug
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Engine
6/5/2015
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !!Remove the spark from the trimmer and with the plug grounded to the metal of the engine, pull and look for spark. If no spark, check the kill switch, it may be grounding out the spark from dirt or debris. If it has spark, put a small amount of fuel direct into the cylinder, re-install the spark plug and see if it will start.