Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have the LGT2554 My question is mt Battery will not last

Customer Question

I have the LGT2554 My question is mt Battery will not last . I have changed out for a new battery and still same issue. The battery is not charging while the mower is running....
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Do you have a voltmeter to check the charging system? The engine has a stator/alternator under r the flywheel and it comes out to a voltage regulator/rectifier. which changes the AC volts to DC volts to charge the battery. What is the engine model number?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not have that here. I am a wood worker more so then mechanic. but atleast I know where to look a starting point
cheers
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Usually the problem is the voltage regulator. So you could try a new regulator, it will be identified by the engine model number.