Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My 94 electric Marathon cart stopped the other day and can't…

Customer Question
My 94 electric Marathon cart...
My 94 electric Marathon cart stopped the other day and can't get it to go again. I've ran thru all of the diagnostics I can find info about. The solenoid test good, the micro switch test good. I can't find any specific diagnostics for the speed controller. They all talk about a 4 pin connector or a 6 pin connector, but I don't have either of those. Any thoughts?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Engine
6/4/2015
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Did you plug in the charger and see it will start? The automatic charger has to have around 30 volts to close the internal relay and start the charge cycle. If the voltage is low, charger does not come on. This would show there is a problem in the primary circuit. If your battery pack is fully charged you would have over 39 volts! and each battery would be well over 6 volts. Does the solenoid close when the foot micro switch is closed? Have you bypassed the solenoid to test?
What do you mean by does the solenoid close when the foot micros switch is closed? It operates as described in the diagnostic procedures. I have not bypassed the solenoid, how is that done?
To bypass, you either use a jumper from one of the big post to the other big post, or move all the cables on the large posts to one post. This is the same connection the solenoid should make when the pedal micro switch closes the solenoid.