Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Sears riding mower###-##-#### ***** not level left side of mower

Customer Question

Sears riding mower###-##-#### ***** not level left side of mower attachment. Have tried adjusting height as instructed in owners manual. Question: Can adjustment be made at another point rather than the front leakage? For example: The lever point has three holes of which the current center hole is being used. Will the lower hole be big enough to accept the pin and bring the mower height up. It is hard to access and would like to know before trying this change. Kind regards Steve
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Check the upper adjustment bracket , where it bolts to the frame, I have had the upper bracket break, and the adjustment does nothing, as the upper bracket just bends. See if the bracket may be broken or loose.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bracket is intact and rotates (both right and left side) as height lever is is moved back and forth between the high and low setting. The front of the mower appears to lift ok but back of mower attachment remains on the floor.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
The bracket I mention is the stationary bracket on the frame of the mower, not the lift linkage. If adjustment , up or down, makes no difference, something is moving that should be stationary.