Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have an Cub Cadet LT 1050, model 13AP11CP756 serial 1A26H20263.

Customer Question

I have an Cub Cadet LT 1050, model 13AP11CP756 serial 1A26H20263. The mowing deck vibrates and squeals when PTO is turned on and shortly afterward there is an odor of burning rubber. The blades cut while PTO is on
Please advise how to locate the problem parts(s) and how to identify the correct replacement part number.
Thank you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! With the vibration, squealing and the rubber smell, you need to remove the deck from the tractor. I think you will find that one of the spindles that holds the blades, has bad bearings. The mower deck has two spindles on a 42 inch deck and three on a 54 inch deck. Turn each spindle by hand and feel for roughness or hard to turn, they should spin freely.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you!