Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

208cc OHV engine on Cub Cadett Tiller. Bought new last spring.

Customer Question

208cc OHV engine on Cub Cadett Tiller. Bought new last spring. Stored in barn. Drained and replaced gas this spring. Oil is at min level on stick. Pull (rope start) and do not "hear" it fire. Took plug out, attached to plug wire, placed against metal chassis and "pulled" it again several times and saw no spark on plug. Have not tried fuel in cylinder (because of no spark). Will get new plug tomorrow. But, do not expect bad plug. Have not removed bottom of carb to drain it. I do not feel a lot of pressure when I "pull" it, but...? Suggestions?
Thanks!
Lindell
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 2 years ago.
Hello Lindell. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.
The first thing we need to do, is determine why you are not getting spark to your spark plug. Remove your engine shroud. Then remove the small kill wire from your ignition coil, and check again for spark. If you still do not get a spark to your spark plug, then your ignition coil may be at fault.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will try first thing in the morning. Sorry for getting to you late. Thanks!
Lindell
Expert:  Donald replied 2 years ago.
No problem. In the morning, also check for rust on your flywheel magnets, and your ignition coil. If you notice rust, and you remove your ignition coil to clean it, remember to set the gap between your ignition coil, and your flywheel magnets. The gap should be 0.10"
We can continue from here. Thanks!