Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Can you tell me how to remove the fan hub on an echo pb 251

Customer Question

can you tell me how to remove the fan hub on an echo pb 251 leaf blower? I need to check the flywheel which I believe is out of time.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please also include how to remove the flywheel and any torque specs when replacing. Thank you.
Expert:  Vince O. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, the impeller fan is held on with a bolt and the flywheel has a nut. Remove the spark plug and fill the cylinder with rope to use as a piston stop.Then you can loosen them. To remove flywheel thread the nut flush with the top of the crank and tap it squarely with a hammer to jarr it free.
Expert:  Vince O. replied 2 years ago.
I don't have torque specs.here is a parts breakdown with part numbers if needed
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I saw an online video that shows as you describe. However this works for the latest model blower. Mine is the older model that is not built that way. After the fan is removed there is a built in hub that the fan blade bolts into so when the fan blade is removed. There is not a bolt under the blade. Can you help me with this model?
Expert:  Vince O. replied 2 years ago.
the parts breakdown calls them both fans.The impeller fan has the bolt and the flywheel has the nut.Are you talking about the hub under the flywheel on page 20?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm not looking at a specific page but Yes the hub is under the fan.
Expert:  Vince O. replied 2 years ago.
The flywheel does have a key and when in time the piston is TDC and the magnets are on the coil. What problem are you having?