Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

How do you replace the spindle bearings a ztr mower without…

Customer Question
how do you replace the...
how do you replace the spindle bearings a ztr mower without removing whole spindle?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Engine
6/2/2015
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! remove the blade, remove the upper pulley, under it will be a wood-ruff. half moon key, remove the key and with a rubber hammer or a block of wood drive the shaft out toward the bottom of the deck. The lower bearing and spacer will go out the bottom, the top bearing will stay , and you will have to knock it upward after the lower bearing and shaft is out.