Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I have a Troy Built lawn tractor that is not picking up cuttings.

Customer Question

I have a Troy Built lawn tractor that is not picking up cuttings. The tractor is outfitted with a mulching blade. Cuttings get clogged in the tubing and do not reach the basket and the cuttings that are left on the lawn are too coarse for mulch. What do I need to do?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer, have these blades worked well with the bagging kit before ? If not you may need to get some high lift blades or bagger kit blades. If they have worked well before the first thing I would do is remove the blades and sharpen them , if they are dull it could be the problem
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks- That's kind of what I thought, but getting the blades off will be a hassle that I didn't want to face unless it was necessary- Bill
Hi Bill , I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news , depending on what you have it can be done some what easily , I have a small engine repair shop so I use my pick up truck , ramps and a battery powered impact gun and a socket . If you have a place pull the tractor up the ramps half way then lock the e brake , then take a impact gun and get the blades off , otherwise if you can't do it that way some people remove the deck etc . Did these blades always work well with the bagging kit and if so when we're they last sharpened ??