Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My 1993 club car will idle in gear but will not move - just

Customer Question

my 1993 club car will idle in gear but will not move - just replaced the limiter and still have the same problem
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Engine runs? does it rev up or just idles? If it revs up, is the drive belt in place? Is the clutch closing down on the drive belt?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
just idles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
My guess the engine is only being spun by the starter/generator and is not starting. If you remove a spark plug and ground it, do you have spark when cranking? Do you have gas getting to the carburetor? Is this the pulse fuel pump or an electric fuel pump.?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i can smell gas but i do not have a spark when it is grounded
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
tried the spark plug in the riding mower - it works fine - do I have a bad spark plug wire?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
It has a coil and an igniter, that can keep it from having spark, but it also has a micro switch that kills the spark when the pedal comes up to idle. This micro switch may be killing the spark. Located in the compartment with the starter solenoid and throttle cable.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
all 4 micro switches are brand new
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Replaced because of this? Locate the kill micro and remove the wire that goes to the engine. Then see if you have spark.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
not sure what the kill micro is
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
not sure what the kill micro is
tried removing both - one at a time and still no spark
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
not sure what the kill micro is
both wires to the kill micro that is
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Then it has to be the ignition system. Coil or igniter.