Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Seam like drive belt starts to slip when cutting . when I let

Customer Question

seam like drive belt starts to slip when cutting . when I let off pedal and then back on it move fine for 20ft or so then repeat .I just replaced belts .on horse model 60tp
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! The transmission drive belt has to be tight. With the engine off , can you turn the belt , it should be too tight to slip on the pulleys. The two idlers have to keep the belt tight, and the tension spring is what keeps the idlers tight to the belt. The mower uses two belts, and the variable pulley is what controls the speed.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

with pedal pushed its tight

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
You say it is tight when pedal is pushed? It should be tight with the pedal out, not pushed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yeah your right it's tight when pedal is out. So what making it do this?