Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

No power @ key. batterys good ,brake switch is good, seloind…

Customer Question
no power @ key. batterys...
no power @ key. batterys good ,brake switch is good, seloind is good, I can turn engine over by jumping @ selnoid. seat switch is good. I have spark but no power to key
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Engine
tractor is a cub cadet lt1040
5/31/2015
Technician: Frank, Small Engine Tech replied 3 years ago
Frank
Frank, Small Engine Tech
Sounds like you have either a bad connection or a bad ignition switch. You could first look for the wire that leads from the starter solenoid that is connected to the ignition switch and test it for continuity. Assuming that the wire is connected correctly, and as you stated all other safety's are in working order, I'd just replace the ignition switch.
Unless of course the solenoid itself is the culprit. Do you hear anything at all when the key is turned? Any lights or anything electrical do something with the turn of the key other than no turn over of the engine?