Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a G1 Yamaha golf buggy. It started OK and after 20 meters…

Customer Question
I have a G1 Yamaha...
I have a G1 Yamaha golf buggy. It started OK and after 20 meters came to a standstill. Cleaned carburettor and replaced ignition coil - weak to no spark. Any ideas - which wires to check or do I need a new CDI unit?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Engine
5/31/2015
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! You have a trigger coil a the flywheel, the CDI and the coil, the trigger seems to be sending signal to the CDI,you have already replaced the coil, I will assume you have tried a different spark plug, so that leaves me to believe you need the CDI unit!