Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Have a yth2042, seems steering wheel has a lot of play... can…

Customer Question
have a yth2042, seems steering...
have a yth2042, seems steering wheel has a lot of play... can u help?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Engine
5/30/2015
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Where is the play? In the steering gear to the sector, or the tie rods to the wheels? If the slack is in the steering gear, you need new sector and gear and the bearings that go with it.
steering wheel ,,as far as turning , that aspect is fine.
So the slack is in the steering gear to sector gear. Do you see any wear in the sector? You may only need new bearings in the steering shaft, keeping the gear closer to the sector.