Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 24hp Briggs and Stratton snapper. I was mowing and

Customer Question

I have a 24hp Briggs and Stratton snapper. I was mowing and it just died and when I tried to restart it won't come on. Batter is good and seat connection is solid. It won't even turn the dash on. It's like the battery is dead but it's not.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! What is battery voltage? Above 12.5 volts? Have you checked the fuse for the ignition system? If you follow the positive battery cable to the starter solenoid and jump across the two large posts with an old screwdriver, does the engine turn? This is quick test of battery, cables and starter.