Frank
Frank, Small Engine Tech
Experience:  I've been a small engine technician for 10+ years. EETC Certified.
71382593

I have a sears 16.5 HP Honda engine driven lawn tractor model

Customer Question

I have a sears 16.5 HP Honda engine driven lawn tractor model 917.27350. It works fine however when I go out next week to cut again, the engine might or might not click and will not even turn over. I found that the work around is connect the battery charger for about 15 seconds turn the key and the thing starts. If I shut it off and stop cutting for even an hour, she starts without hesitation. Do you have any suggestions Please.
Thanks
John Iski
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, I paid, I just want that question answered no free trials pleas
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Any ideas
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Sounds like you have a bad battery. It's not holding a charge. Either that, or something is draining the battery while it's not in use. Do you have a multimeter? Or a battery load tester? Theres some testing we can do, from easy to hard. But depends on what you have available to you.
You can always disconnect the battery and bring it to advanced auto parts or some place similar and I think they'll load test the battery for you and tell you if it's at least good or not.