Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

I have a craftsman lawn tractor 18.5 horse engine tries to

Customer Question

I have a craftsman lawn tractor 18.5 horse engine tries to start but wont catch. There is gas in carb bowl changed plugs, and still wont catch.. any ideas?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 2 years ago.
Try putting a small amount of fuel into the carburetor air intake after you remove the air filter. Then see if it will fire. IF it does, then you have a carburetor that is not getting gas into the cylinder and the carburetor will need to be cleaned and rebuilt with a new rebuild kit.
Most of the time this is what is wrong..
Let me know what happens and we can continue from here if needed.
Please give me a good rating as this is the only way that the site will pay me for my time.