Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

Trying to trouble shoot my ryobi multi attachment 2 stroke...

Customer Question

hi.. trying to trouble shoot my ryobi multi attachment 2 stroke... Getting a compression reading of 180... Seems too high.. What do you think?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer. , yes that is high , 120 to 140 is is well over the 90 psi needed but 180 is really high, is it not running ? , what is the model number ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
RY28140.. cleaned the carb but still the same... Starts after flooding the carb but then stops
Ok , have you checked the filter in the gas tank to make sure the gas flow isn't restricted ??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
checking now.. Actually, now the engine keeps running (improvement after cleaning the carb) as long as I press the throttle... When I let go, it shuts off and won't restart unless I press the fuel bulb once or twice.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
filter is clean
Is it still pulling gas when it dies ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yeah.. It only dies if I let go of the throttle
It's the carburetor it won't hold a idle , it one of the air fuel mixture passage ways are blocked or if it has high and low needle set screws if they are turned in to tightly it can damage them
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i ordered a fule mixture adjustment tool and will check when it arrives
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
fuel
Ok let me know how that works , it sounds like a carburetor issue in all honesty .