Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Craftsman lt 2000 18.5 won't start. When I turn the key, I

Customer Question

Craftsman lt 2000 18.5 won't start. When I turn the key, I get no sound. I have replaced all of the safety switches, and ignition switch. I have power to the solenoid, but no power coming out. The battery is good. Help.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! You don't mention the ignition fuse! Have you located the single 20 amp fuse and verified it is good? Do you get any indication you have voltage to the key switch? If not, the fuse or fuse holder is not sending voltage to the keyswitch. Fuse looks to be behind the engine, next to the starter solenoid.