Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

Curtis, my son (in-law) thought he would help the wife

Customer Question

Hello Curtis,
my son (in-law) thought he would help the wife and I by mowing my 4" lawn at 1/2" with my Troy built mower while we were away. it appears that he bent the crank shaft without bending the blade?!?!
I have a 128M02-0943-F1 Briggs on the mower and have chosen the 797017 crank for this series and type.
My wife doesn't trust my judgement and would like a second opinion .... (she is over my shoulder right now!)
From the Illustrated Parts List Model Series 128M00 I have chosen the 797017 crank, since my type is not listed in the alternates of page 8. Would you agree with my selection, and if not, recommend an other.
thank you,
kermit
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 2 years ago.
Hello Kermit. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. Curtis is not online at the moment. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.
You are correct. The part numbers for your new crankshaft, are 797017.
Expert:  Donald replied 2 years ago.
Here is your parts list. Click on the link.
Expert:  Donald replied 2 years ago.
Give your wife credit for being concerned about making sure you order the correct part.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Donald,
Thank you for the quick reply. Been a wanta-be for many years rebuilt many large engines with success and small engine carbs. didn't think this would be a big concern for the wife ... the $80 for a crank or a $195 fora a new engine, or $350 for a new mower.
thanks again for the confirmation,
kermit
Expert:  Donald replied 2 years ago.
Kermit, you are very welcome! I truly hope all goes well for the two of you. Just remember, you are not charging yourself any labor, so you made a wise decision, to repair your engine.