Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

MODEL 12.5HDKCB11506B Shuts down after about half hour run…

Customer Question
MODEL 12.5HDKCB11506B Shuts down after...
MODEL 12.5HDKCB11506B Shuts down after about half hour run time.
please tell me what to look for.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Engine
Onan
5/27/2015
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 3 years ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Hello!
My name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.
Lets go in and see what fault code is set.
Go to the genset and use the switch on the set itself.
Press 'Stop' 3 times within 5 seconds. The light in the switch will start flashing.
If the light flashes 3 times, pauses for 3 seconds, and flashes 3 more times, press and immediately release 'Stop' one more time.
This will put the controller into Fault Read Mode.
The light will flash (X) number of times, pause for 1 second, and flash for (X) number of times again. Count the flashes before and after the pause.
This will be the Fault Code.
Example: 2 rapid flashes, 1 second pause, 5 rapid flashes is a Fault Code 25.
There may be more than one Fault Code stored, so watch the light very carefully. If there is more than one code, it will display them all in order, and then start over again.
Be very careful not to misread a first level fault code (single digit code) as a second level fault code (double digit code).
The way to tell the difference is by the length of the pauses.
There is a 1 second pause between digits of a second level code, and a 3 second pause between codes.
For example, if it is flashing 2 times, 1 second pause, flashing 2 times, 3 second pause and repeating, then this is a second level fault code of 22.
If it is flashing 2 times, 3 second pause, flashing 2 times, 3 second pause and repeating, then this is a first level fault code of 2.
What Fault Code are you getting?
.