Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

My D140 John Deere will not go forward after I got stuck on some dirt Is there a belt that

Customer Question

My D140 John Deere will not go forward after I got stuck on some dirt Is there a belt that connects transmission to engine
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want to know what could be causing it not to move when I press the accelerator
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. It does have a drive belt , with the mower off if you look up under the engine , it's the top pulley that the belt is on , you will have to lower the deck to get a good look at it . Did it smoke or have a burn smell when the tractor got stuck ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did get a brief burn smell
Ok , yes I would first check the belt , the engine has 2 belts that are on it , the higher one is the drive belt