Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

JD GX345- First engine would stall out while mowing.

Customer Question

JD GX345-
First engine would stall out while mowing. It would restart then. But the last time this happened it would not restart. I jumped it with my truck and got it into the garage. I replaced the battery and then it ran fine. But two weeks later it will not do anything other than turn on the idiot lights on the dash. It doesn't even try to start. The battery is fully charged. The starter fuse is good. Any suggestions?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! You say battery is fully charged? Voltage would be over 13 volts? If you follow the posiitve battery cable to the starter solenoid, can you jump the cable terminal to the small switch terminal to see if engine will spin? This is quick test of battery. cables and the starter solenoid and starter.