Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

Briggs and stratton 12H802 won't start after sitting up months. I cleaned the c

Customer Question

Briggs and stratton 12H802 won't start after sitting up for 8 months. I cleaned the carb. The throttle linkage at the carburetor seems to not be hooked up after disassembly but I don't know what I am missing. It has 1 spring hooked up. B&S manual doesn't show exactly what the linkage looks like assembled, it just shows the parts.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.
Check to make sure you are getting a steady flow of fuel to your carburetor. If so, your carburetor could still be at fault although you have cleaned it. You very likely still have a clogged jet or fuel passage inside your carburetor.
Your bowl nut is your Main Jet. It has three holes in it. Did you use a small wire to clean these holes? If not, clean them, then try starting your engine again. If your engine still does not continue to run, I suggest that you totally disassemble your carburetor and soak it overnight. Rinse it really well, then use a small wire, and some carburetor cleaner in a can to clean your carburetor again.
We can continue from here. Thanks!