Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Replaced 3 safety switches,wiring harness,key switch, and magneedle.....will…

Customer Question
replaced 3 safety switches,wiring harness,key...
replaced 3 safety switches,wiring harness,key switch, and magneedle.....will not fire..
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Engine
5/23/2015
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Is engine spinning, just not starting? And no spark? The safety switches only control the starter, has nothing to do with spark. The coil on this model has two coil wires,and a single kill wire. Remove the kill wire from the coil, and see if you have spark, if no spark, you need a new coil! All that makes the spark is the coil and the magnet in the flywheel. You have already replaced the coil/magneto, did you try taking off the kill wire?