Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

Changed motor on a husqvarna LOYTH20F42T. Put on a Kohler 18HP

Customer Question

Changed motor on a husqvarna LOYTH20F42T. Put on a Kohler 18HP from a Craftsman andhad to splice the correct plug onto the motor harness. Now When I start it it dies when the clutch pedal id released or the PTO is turned on. Unless I disconnect the harness then it will rune and drive normal but will not shut off via the key.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.
Check your seat safety switch, and the wiring connector that connects to this switch. Remove your wiring connector, and give it a good cleaning, and lightly lubricate it. Re-attach it to your seat safety switch. Give your mower another try. Let's see if this helps. Thanks!