Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have a fastrak with a Kawasaki 24 hp on it It

Customer Question

I have a hustler fastrak with a Kawasaki 24 hp on it It will start up then start flooding out will run fine if you turn off gas till it runs out but if you start it with gas on it I
Will spit and shudder till it goes dear I have installed new fuel pump but no change. Also think I can smell gas in the oil
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.
If the new fuel pump did not solve the flooding issue, then you will very likely need to remove your carburetor, and give it a really good cleaning. Also check the float in your carburetor to see if it is cracked or leaking. Check your needle and seat. Gas can only enter your crankcase in two ways. Either through your carburetor flooding, or by way of a faulty fuel pump. Your fuel pump is new, so this means your carburetor is definitely at fault.
If you are familiar with rebuilding carburetors, this will be the way to go for you. This way you will have covered everything, possibly preventing future down time for your mower. Change your engine oil. The gas in it, has contaminated it.