Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

Cleaning up my Bad Boy Zero turn with a Briggs 26 hp with a

Customer Question

Cleaning up my Bad Boy Zero turn with a Briggs 26 hp with a pressure washer and now it won't start. Motor turns over but it seems no spark
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bad Boy 60 inch Zero turn, cleaning it up with a pressure washer, the entire mower. Tried to keep water out of top of motor.with plastic and duck tape. When it went to start it, is sputtered and popped but did not fire up. It runs excellently and I have wet something. Ignition switch works, motor turns over, does not fire up
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I neglected to say that I squirted in starting fluid.
Expert:  Donald replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.
Check your oil to see if there is any water inside your crankcase. Remove your spark plugs and check for water inside your cylinder. Spin your engine over for a few revolutions, without your spark plugs inserted, just in case there is some water inside your cylinder.
Leave your air filter off for a little while, just in case there is some water in your carburetor. The popping and sputtering is very likely caused by water inside your fuel bowl.