Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I want to level the deck on my John Deere LX277 lawn mower

Customer Question

I want to level the deck on my John Deere LX277 lawn mower.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! What deck do you have? The gage wheels on the rear of the deck is the only adjustment on most of the Deere decks. The mower needs to be on a level surface, and the tire pressure equal. The measure the rear deck to the ground, and set both sides the same, the front is a floating deck, and should stay level with rear. Do you have owners manual? Deere has an online manual for the tractor and decks. Here is link. Left click on the link to highlite it, then right click to access.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://manuals.deere.com/cceomview/OMM146413_G1/Output/146413g112.html#271801
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not have the manual. The front is over 1/2 inch lower. This is a 48C Convertible deck. On the front of the deck there is a horsehoe type bracket that attaches to the mower. I thought the 2 bolts from that were the adjusting brackets. I just am not sure.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
http://manuals.deere.com/cceomview/OMM146413_G1/Output/146413g112.html#271801
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Manual link is above, but the 48C deck shows to have gage wheels at teach corner, which would e to level the deck, the U strap at the front of the deck is not for leveling. Do you have the gage wheels at all four corners?