Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

While changing the chain on my Poulan 20'' 50 CC chain saw

Customer Question

While changing the chain on my Poulan 20'' 50 CC chain saw I found a fibrous string that was broken. What is this and is it critical to the operation?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 2 years ago.
Most likely the string is just debris that has been collected while cutting. I do not know of anything like it that is supposed to be part of the saw..
Just remove it and continue using the saw unless you find something that doesn't work.
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 2 years ago.
Please leave me a good rating and let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.