Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Murray Model #30544X92C, Formula 8 hp, manufacture

Customer Question

I have a Murray Model #30544X92C, Formula 8 hp, manufacture date 1554. Will not start anymore. I was mowing, turned it off, added gas, that was it. I have been thinking it's an electrical issue; have disabled the seat safety sensor; have checked the sensor when engaging the blade; have checked the sensor underneath for the clutch/brake. I've tried running a wire directly from the battery to the starter; power gets cut somehow so it won't work. If starter is bad, I can't tell it: absolutely nothing happens when turning the key. I think it could be the ignition switch or the relay in between the hot cable off the battery and the starter. Any input? Thanks, Brad
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! The tractor has a single fuse 20 amp for the ignition, have you located it and verified it is good? It will be in the wire from the starter solenoids posiitve battery post, go through the fuse, to the keyswitch. Usually near the battery and solenoid.