Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

My cub cadet gt1554 leaves a strip of grass about 6 inches

Customer Question

My cub cadet gt1554 leaves a strip of grass about 6 inches in the middle
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 2 years ago.
This usually happens when the blades are worn on the tips and are not meeting close enough in the middle. You may have to get new blades.
This also happens in the spring with the grass being thicker and driving too fast...or a combination of the two.
ALso you could have a warped mower deck that is causing the blades not to meet in the middle.
Also if the deck is not level and is too high or too low in front, it will cause this problem sometimes.