Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My mower trimmer has a &S 625E series (190cc). I can start

Customer Question

My mower trimmer has a B&S 625E series (190cc). I can start it but with carb cowling removed I see a flimsy little spring. When I fool with the piece attached to the spring I can rev up the engine but when in running mode the engine just seems to have one speed. Using the throttle cable doesn't seem to make the spring thing move at all. Could the spring be bad or what?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 2 years ago.
Hello,can you send the engine model number? Look above the muffler engraved in the baffle. (125T02-xxxx-xx)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
122M02-0001-F4 14030758 March 2014
Expert:  Vince O. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I couldn't find your exact model. Try starting and running it with the air filter removed to see if any better. Do you have a split rail fence that you trim under that the engine could have bumped?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
quite possible, no fence but some rough going-the DR Power people make stuff for rough going, though. the spring thing must be part of the governor. i've shot carb gum-out down the throat, changed to new plug, new gas.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i hate ethanol.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i'm going to bed, i'll read your advice tomorrow. thanks
Expert:  Vince O. replied 2 years ago.
If it is hard to start the carb may need a quick cleaning.If the spring is still connected the outer arm could have got bumped and pushed inward lowering the throttle rpm's. If spring is connected to a link similar to this picture bend the link outward a hair and start it up.