Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Have a Tecumseh engine Model#TVS90--43758P- () D.O.M.8127

Customer Question

Have a Tecumseh engine Model#TVS90--43758P- (B) D.O.M.8127 W
Yard Machines by MTD 3.5HP/20"
I bought this engine Brand New from a "Surplus" type store a few years ago, mounted it on my old Toro mower base(whose engine had died). The problem is that I have NEVER BEEN ABLE to make it Run (or even pop once)!!! The flywheel magnets seem powerful and my guess is that maybe the coil is bad??? However, there is a stray green wire; connected only on one end & I don't know what to do with the other end of it! Can you guys figure it out from what I've said here??? I love Tecumseh engines, but this one has me puzzled!! Sincerely, ***** ***** at: ***@******.***
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Pull the spark plug, and with it grounded, check for spark, With no spark, then remove the single wire on the coil, if still no spark, then you do have a bad coil! What color is the single kill wire on the coil? It has to be grounded to kill engine!