Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

My mate asked me to look at his hayter ride on mower. The gearbox

Customer Question

My mate asked me to look at his hayter ride on mower. The gearbox broke and he bought a replacement and got it installed.It now has 1 forward gear and 6 reverse. I thought it was installed wrong or the linkage was wrong,but after taking it out and downloading the manual to make sure belts etc were on correctly i'm still none the wiser.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 2 years ago.
The gear box should have had 6 forward and 1 reverse. So something is on backwards. IT is likely that the belt is twisted and is causing the problem. If the belt is on right, then you must have bought the wrong gearbox.
There is very little else that can be said about this.
I hop this helped you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just wanted to know if Peerless transaxle gearboxes rotate in different directions. ie does the MST 206-512A rotate different from the MST 205-527D

Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 2 years ago.
I do not know which gear boxes rotate which way, but they do have gear boxes that rotate in different directions. I expect that you got the wrong gearbox.