Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a LA145. Engine will not start. Replaced battery and 2 spark plugs. Starter turn

Customer Question

I have a LA145. Engine will not start. Replaced battery and 2 spark plugs. Starter turns but engine does not start. Checked fuse and it is OK. DO not hear clicking sound when turn on ignition, but starter turns,
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! You have to open the fuel solenoid in the carburetor as soon as the key is turned on. Mounted in the base of the carburetor will be this solenoid. It has to have 12 volts to open. If no click, no fuel! See if it has voltage. If it has voltage and does not retract, solenoid is bad. You can remove it, and cut the tip off, re-install as a dummy , to see if engine will start.