Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

I have Kohler SV540 courage on a Troy-Blit lawn tractor it

Customer Question

I have Kohler SV540 courage on a Troy-Blit lawn tractor it smokes bad on start up some as it works it is2012 unit
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 2 years ago.
This problem sounds like you have a blown head gasket.The oil is seeping into the cylinder through the drive train.Replace the head gasket and you probably will fix the problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The answer you gave me was impossible to repair the problem on this engine. For your information a partially stuck choke was the problem. In all fairness I feel that $45.00 was way too much to charge me.
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 2 years ago.
It is hard to tell what the exact problem is from the descriptions that you gave me. I did the best I could with what I had to work with. I am glad you found the problem. Just keep in mind that it may not have been the ENTIRE problem and you may still have a blown head gasket so travel carefully and keep an eye on how it is running.
Please leave me a good rating anyway and I will try to help you further if needed.