Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a Karcher 2600psi 2.3gpm pressure washer . The engine

Customer Question

I have a Karcher 2600psi 2.3gpm pressure washer . The engine has been just been tuned up and runs great! The problem is when I press the washing lever the pressure fluctuates up and down and will not stay constant! What is wrong?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joe replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
The first thing to check is oil level, if good then check spark plug wire and replace spark plug, next check for misfire (under load) ignition and fuel issues will be amplified under a load, if not fuel, air, or ignition related then check compression, if good then there is an issue with the governor or pump. Also check the fuel making sure it is clean and fresh, no trash in it and no water also not old. You'll want to listen to the engine, if the engine rpms change with how the pressure reacts then you know it is either engine related or transferring from pump to motor, if engine stays running at correct rpms then you know your looking at a pump issue only.
This is of course pending your input hose pressure is not the issue.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.