Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I would like help with my Toro Timecutter engine-but it states

Customer Question

I would like help with my Toro Timecutter engine-but it states you have to pay before you talk to anyone-this does not sound right to me
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** thank you for using Just Answer. From my understanding a customer signs up to just answer and creates a account, they are charged and that money goes into their account like a credit . When you ask a question it goes to whatever category it is about and a professional will answer and try to help you, the professional does not get paid until you rate their answer as ok service or higher . I work in the small engine area and can try to help you with your toro
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a Toro Timecutter ss 5000 with a Kawasaki 22.0 engine. It is running badly on idle. We have cleaned the carbrurator and changed the fuel pump
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My question was not answered
It may take a few minutes to get back to you . When you cleaned the carburetor how did you clean it, and when was the last time it ran good ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we had a mechanic clean it. I think we may have got some bad gas
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we had our farm mechanic clean it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
John?
Is could be bad gas , how old is the gas and does it have a varnish smell or dark in color
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we are thinking It had water in it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
John- why is your response taking so long? I am not able to sit at this computer and just wait
Because I run a small engine repair business locally . If you had water in the gas it will act up when water hits the carb , have you tried draining the fuel system ?
You can try adding water remover to it as well. How old is the gas ?