Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Rick I have a Craftsman mid engine rider 13.5 HP Electric start

Customer Question

Rick I have a Craftsman mid engine rider 13.5 HP Electric start Mower/Mulcher Hydrostatic Drive mower that does not go forwards or backwards. The pully on top of the module is not spinning. I got the blade caught in the grass on a hill and it shut down. Got the engine running fine again but no forward or reverse. Don't these mowers have shear pin/bolt to prevent damage to the module? if so, where do I find it and what is it called?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! The mower has a drive belt between the engine and the transmission, the pulley on the transmission is not turning, so the belt is broken or off a pulley. The owners manual on page 42 shows the drive belt. Here is link to owners manual. Left click to highlite, right click to access. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.shopyourway.com/manuals/18648