Small Engine

Connect one-on-one with a verified technician who will answer your question

Rex L.
Rex L.
Rex L., Small Engine Technician

More related answers
All technicians are VERIFIED
I have a 8hp Briggs &stratton engine that uses a starter/generator,
Rex L.
Rex L., Small Engine Technician
I have a 8hp Briggs &stratton engine that uses a starter/generator, starts right up fine, the problem I have is when I switch ignition off, the one set of contacts in the regulator closes and allows t… read more
I have a 8HP Briggs and Stratton engine coupled with a generator.
Rick
Rick, Factory Authorized Trainer
I have a 8HP Briggs and Stratton engine coupled with a generator. The manufacture of the generator is not known since the only remaining label has the name "Generator" and a paste on label reads "Chic… read more
I have a Briggs and Stratton powere Generator. (Briggs Motor
Hank F.
Hank F., Service Technician
I have a Briggs and Stratton powere Generator. (Briggs Motor # XXXXX 10 hp). The Generator is putting out a lower voltage than it should. In speaking with the Porter Cable Tech Service, they indicated… read more
I have a Homelite 4400 generator with an 8hp Briggs and Stratton
Hank F.
Hank F., Service Technician
I have a Homelite 4400 generator with an 8hp Briggs and Stratton engine that will not fire at all. I have replaced the old gas, replaced the spark plug, and sprayed the carburetor with gumout. Any sug… read more
I have a 2100 series generator briggs & stratton - the motor
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, High School Diploma
I have a 2100 series generator briggs & stratton - the motor runs but no electric is being produced .… read more
How can I get a parts diagram for my Briggs & Stratton motor
Benjy
Benjy, Bachelor's Degree
How can I get a parts diagram for my Briggs & Stratton motor used on myColeman Powermate 54 Series generator? I'm not sure if the model number is XXXXX or 254400. It is 11 HP, 5000 W. The unit has bee… read more
I have a Briggs & Stratton Generator V Twin motor(###) ###-####A2
mayhemmotor
mayhemmotor, mechanic
I have a Briggs & Stratton Generator V Twin motor(###) ###-####A2 and no manual and can't find it online. I have not used the generator for a number of years. I can hand turn it over, just installed a… read more
I have a Briggs & Stratton 5550 Generator with a 10 HP OHV
Edward
Edward, Retired /Self employed
I have a Briggs & Stratton 5550 Generator with a 10 HP OHV Briggs Motor. I'm in Houston and we are running the generator all the time. I need to check the oil. What kind of oil should I use and should… read more
I have a Craftsman 8HP ModelNNN-NN-NNNNwith a Briggs & Stratton
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
I have a Craftsman 8HP ModelNNN-NN-NNNNwith a Briggs & Stratton engine. For the past 2 years I have had a problem with not being able to fully open the choke. Even at partial choke it would surge but … read more
i HAVE A BRIGGS AND STRATTON GAS BRUSH HOG, 8HP 3600 SABJ607,
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
i HAVE A BRIGGS AND STRATTON GAS BRUSH HOG, 8HP 3600 SABJ607, MODEL# XXXXX HF-84 65 BMP, i NEED TO GET IT REPAIRED AND i LIVE IN THE HOUSTONE TEAXAS AREA. i NEED SOME INFORMATION WHERE i CAN TAKE MY E… read more
I have several briggs and stratton 8hp intek cast iron sleeve
J.R.
J.R., Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have several briggs and stratton 8hp intek cast iron sleeve engines that are not that old bending my rods on the valves. Can anyone tell me why this keeps happening and get I get procedure and spec … read more
we have a cub cadet with a briggs and stratton 121600 model
Jon K.
Jon K., Small Engine Diagnostic Expert
we have a cub cadet with a briggs and stratton 121600 model series. Could you send instructions on changing the recoil rope? how do you install a new rope. what parts are needed… read more
Could you send me a diagram showing how the throttle rod from
Rick
Rick, Factory Authorized Trainer
Could you send me a diagram showing how the throttle rod from the carburetor attaches to the throttle cable mechanism on my Toro rear engine riding lawn mower. Mower model No. 56170 -(NNN) NNN-NNNN& u… read more
Could you send me a diagram to show how to connect the
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Could you send me a diagram to show how to connect the wiring to go right into the voltage regualtor for kawasaki engine on john deere GT262 … read more
Hello, I have a Coleman Powermate generator (PM0543000.01).
Rick
Rick, Factory Authorized Trainer
Hello, I have a Coleman Powermate generator (PM0543000.01). It has a Briggs & Stratton motor. My gas tank has a crack and need to buy a new one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Billy Zeb… read more
My generator is powered by a Briggs & Stratton 8HP ...
Bobby Long
Bobby Long, Mechanic
My generator is powered by a Briggs & Stratton 8HP gas motor. I used it 3 YRS ago for the first time and every thing went well. Last YR. during a power outage I attemped to start it in the choke posit… read more
I have an 8HP Briggs and Stratton with an electrical start,
Chris Huber
Chris Huber, President
I have an 8HP Briggs and Stratton with an electrical start, after messing with the wires that lead to the ignition when trying to re-wire it I messed up in one way or another witch resulted in smoke c… read more
I have a Briggs and Stratton Elite 6200W generator. It has
Hank F.
Hank F., Service Technician
I have a Briggs and Stratton Elite 6200W generator. It has (4) 120V plugs and (1) 120/240 30 amp plug. Only 2 of the plugs are providing 120V the other two nothing. When I put a 120/240 30 amp plug in… read more