Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience repairing lawn and garden equipment. Chainsaws, mowers,blowers and trimmers
32407143

Remove the cutting head assembly from a Ryobi 725r trimmer

I'm trying to remove the cutting head assembly from a Ryobi 725r trimmer. I have everything off except the line housing thru which the drive shaft goes. How to I get the housing off?

Vince O. :

Hello,there is a "C" clip that needs pryed or pushed off first,then the plastic plunger and spring come off (#36 & #37).Once they are off there is a small snap ring to remove using a pair of snap ring pliers or just pulling and breaking it off then the metal slider and outer head come off. http://www.mymowerparts.com/pdf/Ryobi-String-Trimmers-Blowers-Tillers/725r-41ED725A034PL.pdf

Customer:

I got both of those retaining rings off, but it's still stuck. Any suggestions?

Vince O. :

Screw in a 5/16" bolt were the knob would screw in and give it a tap or two with a hammer to jar it free.

Customer:

I'll give it a try

Vince O. :

Try to hold it or support it by the head when tapping.

Customer:

Got it. Thanks for your help