Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My ZT has issues when the deck is engaged trying to move forward,

Customer Question
it wants to cut out...
My ZT has issues when the deck is engaged trying to move forward, it wants to cut out, but when the dexk is not engaged no issues.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Small Engine
8/25/2012
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 9 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

curtis b :

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !!

curtis b :

Does it cut out and quit or does it just lose power?

curtis b :

??

curtis b :

If it is loosing power, loosen the spark plug wires, then with engine idling, pull one plug wire off at a time. The engine can be firing only on one cylinder.

curtis b :

Can you see the response?

curtis b :

Let me change to question and answer.

Scroll up to view response, do not rate until satisfied.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
wrong diagnosis for this electrical issue
Technician: RUSS, SERVICE TECHNICIAN replied 9 years ago
RUSS
RUSS, SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Hi, this is Russ,! I will give you the benefit of 28 years experience and teaching. Does it die when you go to move??? If so you ahve a break in the safety switch harness or it is rubbing and grounding on the frame. You have to inspect the wire harness from ignition switch on through all switches etc. It can be a disconnected or broken switch. There are switches at the motion drive, the blade drive, and seat. THANKS
RUSS
RUSS, SERVICE TECHNICIAN
thanks and GOD BLESS!