How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Curtis B. Your Own Question
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Category: Small Engine
Satisfied Customers: 28074
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
Type Your Small Engine Question Here...
Curtis B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

when I replaced the head gasket on my 18.5 briggs,&stratton

Resolved Question:

when I replaced the head gasket on my 18.5 briggs,&stratton ,I noticed that one push rod was made of steel and one of alluniniun,didn't pay attention which went where,does the steel one go on the exhaust or intake side
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 years ago.

curtis b :

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !!

curtis b :

The intake is the aluminum push rod. The steel is the exhaust. You can put steel replacements on both, as the aluminum sometimes fail.

curtis b :

Thank you.

Curtis B. and other Small Engine Specialists are ready to help you