Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

i have a john deere 345 i am looking for the wiring diagram

for the safety swiches. the...
i have a john deere 345 i am looking for the wiring diagram for the safety swiches. the motor starts run good - dies when you come off the brake also what is the wire that goes to the fuel bowl (kaw. FD611V-BS01) can the bolt be replaced with one that does not need that circuit?
Answered in 1 day by:
1/8/2012
Walt-mod

I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

i cant believe it took this long -not blaming you- for a almost 2 year subscriber...yes i would like an answer.i think it should be a small emgine question
Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician

HI,

I will be glad to try to help you with this issue. I just now saw your question as I have been offline for a few days.

The first thing is the safety switch diagram. I will have to research this and get it to you at a later time if you still need it after I give you the rest of the answer.

This issue that you are having is a fairly common problem. this is usually caused by the seat switch. It can be caused by a faulty switch or it can be caused by a bad connection on the switch.... or it can be caused by a broken wire or even a shorted sire in that area.

Check this out and you most likely will find your problem.

There are two different types of systems. I am not sure at this time which you have so I will describe them both.

One of the switch systems can be tested by just simply removing the wires from the switch and then seeing if the unit works. If this does not work, then you have the other, more common systems, this is tested by removing the wires from the safety switch and connecting a "Jumper wire" between the two wires. This will make a contact between the two wires and the unit should work. If this is the case, then you know that the problem is in the safety switch itself. Just replace the switch and you should be good to go.

The next question that you had was about the wire going to the bottom of the carburetor.

This wire is a positive electrical wire that feeds the fuel solenoid. This is actually what they call an "Afterfire" solenoid. It is designed to shit off the fuel to the engine when the ignition switch is turned off. When the ignition switch is turned on, electricity is applied to the solenoid which keeps it in the OPEN position. When the switch is turned off, it stops sending electricity to the solenoid and it shuts off the fuel. If there is NO electricity going to the fuel solenoid, the engine will not run. Sometimes these solenoids go bad and need replaced. Also they sometimes stop working because of a bad connection.

We DO NOT recommend that you eliminate this fuel solenoid because without it, you will get MASSIVE BACKFIRES that will BOW OUT the muffler and cause other engine damage.

I hope that this has helped you. Let me know if you still need the wiring diagrams and I will see if I can find it for you, but they are very difficult to find online.

I you want the information faster than I can find it for you, you can contact---- http://www.reynoldsfarmequipment.com/ and find their contact information. You should probably give them a call on the phone and they can get you these diagrams. I have worked with them for more than 30 years and they are good to work with.

OK,

I have found two different wiring harnesses for this model.

They are for two different serial numbers of these tractors.

View Full Image

View Full Image

Here is the parts list for both harnesses. The first list is for the first picture and the second list is for the second picture.

KEY PART NO. PART NAME QTY SERIAL NO. REMARKS
1 AM131841 KEY 1 (SUB FOR AM101600)
2 M110159 NUT 1
3 M112368 SUPPORT 3 CIRCUIT BOARD
4 37H142 SCREW 3 0.164" X 1"
5 AM132500 MODULE 1 INTERLOCK, (SUB FOR AM127824 OR AM128754)
6 FUSE 2 15 AMP
7 AM129910 WIRING HARNESS 1 (SUB FOR AM124175 OR AM128955)
8 CONNECTOR 1 HEADLIGHT HARNESS TO MAIN HARNESS
9 T28586 ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR ASSY 1 PTO
10 M76268 CLIP 1
11 CONNECTOR 1 GROUND
12 R77477 ELEC. CONNECTOR HOUSING 1 RIO SWITCH
13 CONNECTOR 1 SEAT SWITCH
14 R77480 ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR ASSY 1 NEUTRAL START SWITCH
15 CONNECTOR 1 BATTERY
16 M43835 ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR ASSY 1 STARTER
17 AM108848 REGULATOR KIT 1 CONNECTOR, REGULATOR
18 CONNECTOR 1 PTO SWITCH
19 CONNECTOR 1 HOURMETER
20 AM108844 SOCKET KIT 3 BULB
21 R77477 ELEC. CONNECTOR HOUSING 1 HEADLIGHT SWITCH
22 CONNECTOR 1 ENGINE
23 57M8815 ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR ASSY 1 IGNITION MODULE, (SUB FOR T28583)
24 CONNECTOR 1
25 CONNECTOR 1
26 AM125824 SWITCH 1 SEAT
27 AM36886 SWITCH 1 NEUTRAL START
28 T77857 O-RING 1
29 21M7295 SCREW 1 M4 X 6
30 M152192 SWITCH 1 OIL PRESSURE, (SUB FOR M94629)
31 M67899 RIVET 2
32 M94087 STRAP 1
33 AM108483 SWITCH 1 RIO
34 M146575 BRACKET 1 RIO SWITCH, (SUB FOR M136374)
35 37M7131 SCREW 2 M6 X 20
36 H77698 TIE BAND 2 (SUB FOR M66044)
37 AM127394 SWITCH 1 PTO
38 M71224 NUT 2 (SPECIAL "U" TYPE)
39 AM131345 HOUR METER 1 (SUB FOR AM125055)
40 AR62407 BULB 3
41 AM127395 SWITCH 1 HEADLIGHT
.. AM107086 KIT 1 FUSIBLE LINK

--> John Deere - Parts Catalog
Printer Friendly Page

Close Window

Catalog: 2428 | Grid: F22 | Section: 40 | Page: 6
Catalog Name: 325, 335 and 345 Lawn and Garden Tractors
Page Name: MAIN WIRING HARNESS (345) (SN -070000)

-->

KEY PART NO. PART NAME QTY SERIAL NO. 345A 345B 345C REMARKS
1 AM131841 KEY 1 (SUB FOR AM101600)
2 M110159 NUT 1
3 99M7065 FUSE 2 15 AMP
4 AM124137 MODULE 1 INTERLOCK, (SUB FOR AM119999)
5 R77476 ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR ASSY 1 (HEADLIGHT HARNESS TO MAIN HARNESS)
6 T28586 ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR ASSY 1 PTO
7 CONNECTOR 1 GROUND
8 AM103119 SWITCH 1 SEAT
9 AM36886 SWITCH 1 NEUTRAL START
10 T77857 O-RING 1
11 M43835 ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR ASSY 1 STARTER
12 AM107086 LINK KIT 1 FUSIBLE LINK (INCLUDES (6) M77855 FUSIBLE LINK WIRES, (6) M77853 EYELETS, (6) M77850 PARALLEL WIRE SPLICES)
13 AM108848 REGULATOR KIT 1 REGULATOR CONNECTOR
14 AM119648 SWITCH 1 PTO
15 AM131345 HOUR METER 1 (SUB FOR AM119804 OR AM125055)
16 AR62407 BULB 3 (SUB FOR AM121394)
17 AM127395 SWITCH 1 HEADLIGHT, (SUB FOR AM119649)
18 CONNECTOR 1 ENGINE
19 H77698 TIE BAND 2 (SUB FOR M66044)
R44302 TIE BAND AR
20 AM121718 WIRING HARNESS 1 (SUB FOR AM118871)
21 M71224 NUT 2 SPECIAL "U" TYPE
22 37H142 SCREW 3 0.164" X 1"
23 M112368 SUPPORT 3 CIRCUIT BOARD
24 21M7295 SCREW 1 M4 X 6
25 M91170 SWITCH 1 OIL PRESSURE
26 M123370 SHIELD 1
27 57M8815 ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR ASSY 1 IGNITION MODULE, (SUB FOR T28583)
28 R77477 ELEC. CONNECTOR HOUSING 1 HEADLIGHT SWITCH
29 R77480 ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR ASSY 1 NUETRAL START SWITCH
30 AM108844 SOCKET KIT 3 BULB

I hope this helps.

I have not found a wiring diagram any better than this.

Thanks

Our system shows that you are waiting for a reply from me, but I have sent you several answers. Please look at these answers and let me know if you need further assistance.

i needed the answer before sunday afternoon. i ask the question friday and no answer until sunday afternoon. the time is had is over. thIs coming weekend i will work on it, so your answer will be no good until saturday. i will get back to you then.
ed

I understand, but I answered it just as soon as I saw the question. I don't know why nobody else answered it for you, maybe they didn't know the answer. I was not online until I answered your question. Take all the time you need. Get back to me if you need any more information. Keep in mind that I have a REAL JOB.... running my own shop and can usually only get online for JA after work.

Thanks again.

Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Ranwell1
Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician