Richard, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Senior Mechanic & Technician
41497032

My garage door starts down, then goes back up, as if the sensor

My garage door starts down, then goes back up, as if the sensor is blocked. But nothing is in the way. I have lubricated the tracks without any improvement. What can I do? I have tried the remote as well as the stationary control with the same result.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Check your sensors on each side of the garage door and make sure that boith lights are solid. If there solid and the door still doesnt go down, hold the button on the inside of the garage that is on the wall, all the down until the garage door goes down and let me know if it goes down now.

Please click accept if you have been helped. Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The sensors are glowing solid green. I tried holding the button down & it helps, but the door still stalls. I have to push and hold it again when that happens.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
OK, disconnect the door from the garage door opener. Now operate the garage door opener, does it go all the way down now ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, it goes all the way down the track when the door is disconnected.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
Then you have a binding problem in the door. Look at the top hinge on the door. Adjust it if needed and make sure the door is positioned in the middle of the 2 tracks. Make sure there isnt a bigger gap on one side of the door. You have a door or track problem here.